Rat Slideshow (All of our photos)

Saturday 17 January 2009

Goodbye, grand old man

Today we said goodbye to Taylor, the grand old man of Rat Towers. He was one of my best friends - he never minded when I was tired or tatty or generally disgruntled and was always happy to come out to see me and chumble with me. He had the ability to boggle his eyes more enthusiastically than any other rat I've ever seen, and I shall miss him more than I can put into words.

Some may say, "but he was just a rat!" but those of us who are lucky enough to share our lives with these lovely little creatures will know otherwise, and will know what the family is feeling right about now.

Bless you, Taylor, and thank you for sharing your life with me, and also sharing your death with me.

Mummy Rat xxxxx


From Daddy Rat - Taylor will be missed by everyone he was just one of those that loved everyone. Here is a picture I took of him a day before he left us.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mummy Rat,
    I am so sorry for your loss...Taylor sounds like a wonderful rat (he looks a little like my old rat Otis). My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time, I know how hard it is when they leave us. I'm sure he had an extremely fulfilling life with your family and was loved and cherished very much.
    Love Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    My name is Maya and I was looking through Georgia's blog (because I'm her sister!) and I saw that one of your rats had died. I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. He does look our rat Otis who died last year.
    Your rats are so beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete